Monday 22 October 2007

"Singin' On The Top Of A Hedge..."

Well hasn't time been an interesting time then.

First up, if you go to the basement of HMV Oxford, you will most likely not find me there anymore. No, I haven't left or been fired or anything like that, it's just that with all the experienced staff ont the Ground Floor there leaving, being promoted or going part time there is virtually no-one who knows what they're actually doing, which in the run up to Christmas is not a particularly good thing. So they've shifted me back up there. I'm gonna miss my basement.

Secondly, Saturday night. I went to Hannah Schla's for dinner. Although I probably can't call her Hannah Schla anymore seeing as how they've split up and everything. I should probably call her Hannah Vatican from now on. We'll see how it goes, habits are hard to break y'know? Like when you really should stop eating cookies coz you've had enough but they're soooooo goooood and you've started so you know, like, one more can't hurt you right? Then you end up all bloated coz that eating cookies habit was a tough one to break but now you feel sick and all full of sugar and that's probably why yer so tired at quarter past three in the afternoon but you can't have an afternoon nap coz you've just started writing a blog and you wanna finish it, and when you have you probably won't be able to sleep coz you've missed that fleeting afternoon nap moment and besides yer halfway through Basilisk and the Kouga clan seem to have the upper hand over the Iga clan after they pretty much threw their advantage away and you really want to see whats gonna happen next even though you've already watched 8 episodes today already but you just can't get enough of it, just like that time you watched a whole series of Buffy in like 2 days or something.

Sorry, where was I? Oh yeah.

So, Saturday night I went to Hannah Vatican's for dinner before moving on to The Star for Bevan's birthday. Hannah cooked us dinner and we chewed the breeze, shot the fat, generally did the whole catching up thing. We came up with new ideas for Vatican Cellars merchandise and played "Madlibs" which would have been lame if we didn't use filthy and/or disturbing words to fill in the blanks. Filthy minds made this game awesome. As was the after dinner menthol snuff. Hannah hosts very well. If she ever invites you over for dinner, go. It will be fun.

A rare thing happened the yesterday. I woke up unable to remember virtually anything between arriving at The Star and sitting at a table, and waking up in The Cellar with a bouncer standing over me. Normally I have have a pretty good memory of stuff that happens when I'm drunk, but my memory just almost totally vanished. I remember jumping on a hedge and singing "(Sittin'/Singin') on the top of a hedge" to the tune of Sittin' On The Dock Of A Bay by Otis Redding on the way to The Cellar. But that's pretty much the only thing I remember. I don't remember groping Micaela, I don't remember putting stools on my head (no, not poo stools you dirty fuckers), I don't remember pretending I was Rambo, I have a vague recollection of drinking my bottle of strawberry cider out of my hood but I don't really remember it. I have a bruise on my arm that still hurts which is apparently from Jenna kicking my stool and me falling to the floor. I don't remember if the bouncer said anything to me, I remember seeing him and thinking "Oh dear I've been asleep in The Cellar I probably have to leave now." Then I remember waking up by Magdalen Bridge to some guy going "Are you alright mate?"
"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine in about 20 minutes."
Then I remember waking up in my bed on Sunday morning feeling hideous with that ominous "Oh God, I have to go to work" feeling. I may have been hammered but I still remembered to take off my clothes and set my alarm which I'm quite impressed with.

Sunday was pretty much hell. Yeah, pretty much. At least I didn't have to go on till all day, and when I went to the Star to pick up my stuff I was fed chicken stew and cookies, both of which were incredibly tasty.

Missed the Vestibule gig tho. Sorry Grundy!

Right, time for soup and more Basilisk. Yeah!!

No comments: