Friday 24 August 2007

Shameless Plug For A Friend & A Comedian.

Yes.

The more observant of my regular readers will have noticed that there are 2 new links in my "Axl Approved" section.
"Something For The Weakened" is my chum Alastair's blog, and very good it is too. I know Alastair from my White Horse days. His brain is slightly abstract. Among other things, one of the posts on his blog has a link to the best "Peanuts" interpretations ever (by Charles Bukowski). He used to write for a free local music magazine that I can't remember the name of now. His page was always by far the best.
"Simon Munnery" is the blog of the Comedian Simon Munnery. Pretty self explanatory. For those of you who don't know, Simon Munnery has been an active comedian for many years now through many project names including his "League Against Tedium" shows and the ridiculously, asthma attack inducingly funny "Attention Scum" tv series that was on BBC2 for a paltry 6 episodes. The Controller of BBC2 clearly didn't have a fucking clue what absolute fried gold they had on their hands. I saw him last year at Edinburgh and he was the best thing I saw of the festival, mostly because a group of us went to the pub with him afterwards to "Discuss" further. One of the proudest moments of my life (I'm not kidding, he's one of my heroes) was saying something that made him genuinely belly laugh. I can't remember what it was I said but it involved bricks.

So 2 more surreal minds for you to venture into. Enjoy.

This blog was always supposed to have a surreal edge to it, unfortunately that got overpowered by the aging drunk in me.

No comments: