Tuesday 8 September 2009

Things That Have Annoyed Me Today.

1. Speech Debelle won the Mercury Prize.
Sorry, is it the early 90's? Is Acid Jazz making a comeback?
BBC News call her a "Rising hip-hop star".
Hmmmmmm.
She may rap, but I would not call it hip-hop. It's bad rap-jazz for coffee table based chin stroking sessions.
I think she summed it up best when she said something like "I went to the record company and said I wanted to make a hip-hop Tracy Chapman album" in her post win interview.
Speech Debelle's rapping and music are really very boring.

2. The news are calling Speech Debelle "The surprise winner" even tho she was second favourite to win.

3. Cowley Road Tesco have again stopped stocking something that I buy a lot.
They keep on doing this. It's fucking infuriating. I think they hate me and are monitoring my purchases to deliberately piss me off. This is at least the fifth time I can think of off the top of my head that they've done this. Oh, I just remembered a sixth. And a seventh. I hate you Cowley Road Tesco.

4. Cowley Road smelled like shit this evening.
I don't just mean it smelled bad. I mean it smelled of actual shit. It was horrible.

No comments: