Wednesday 22 July 2009

Yesterday Part 2.

You know what else happened yesterday that I forgot to write up? I came up with a fucking awesome idea for a story.

I was at Sweet G's and the radio was playing, and suddenly two things simultaneously flashed into my brain. Thing number 1 was that authors sometimes name their books after songs. A relatively recent example of this is the Iain Rankin book "Exit Music", named after the Radiohead song. Another is the William Sutcliffe book "Are You Experienced?", named after the song by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Thing number 2 was the idea for this story based on the song that was playing on the radio at the time. So here's my idea:

'Friday, I'm In Love'.
A re-telling of the Robinson Crusoe story in which Robinson Crusoe falls in love with Man Friday.

I haven't ironed out the details yet, but you can be sure that when I do, this is going to blatantly be an international bestseller.

YES IT IS!

No comments: