Monday 14 April 2008

Great Eskimo Hoax Reply.

This is a follow up to the previous post. It therefore should be read after it.

No matter how arrogant I am on my laptop in my bedroom, I do believe both sides should be heard:
I sent a message to GEH pointing them towards the blog I just wrote, specifically mentioning that it included my reply to their birthday message.
They just sent me this:

"Dude,

I can wholeheartedly say that that was a complete joke/throwaway comment.
I realise it's not even funny. Mya just said 'im going out for axl's b-day tonight' so i said what i said not thinking she would actually say it - I don't want anyone to go to hell obviously.
I am actually sorry if you took this seriously/personally which it seems like you have, as you've posted a blog on it about two weeks later.

Anyway in reference to your new blog and once again saying things that are inslulting (your words) i have raised the following points/contradictions from a previous Blog of yours:"

But then I was talking to someone I know from another band (I won't name-drop, there's no point), and this came up, and they made me think differently about it all. THEY POINTED OUT THAT IN THE SAME WAY THAT THEY PUT SOMETHING OUT INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN THAT IS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION AND CRITICISM that criticism itself is in the same public domain and therefore should be open to the same thing, AND HE'S RIGHT. By publishing or posting something, it is essentially a form of literature and should therefore be thought of as any other creative work would be, AND SHOULD BE OPEN TO THE SAME BACKLASHES AND PRAISES AS ANY OTHER FORM OF "ART".

CRITISISM IS SOMETHING THAT IS CREATED AND PUT OUT INTO THE PUBLIC, THEREFORE SHOULD BE OPEN TO THE SAME TREATMENT AS ANY SONG, BOOK, ALBUM, FILM, TV SHOW, PIECE OF ART, ETC. ETC.

This mate also told me about some of the more personal attacks on him that have been made by critics.THIS MADE ME UNDERSTAND GEH'S REACTION. i dont think i was particularly personal, BUT I WAS PRETTY INSULTING, SO I UNDERSTAND IT NOW, HEARING IT FROM THE OTHER SIDE.

So what's the point of this post? I'm not going to be changing the way I do things necessarily, but I will certainly understand if I face another backlash. IF I AM CRITICAL, WHY SHOULDN'T I BE CRITICISED BACK.

That last line is Heroic.
I appreciate that you don't like our music, i don't expect everyone in the World/Oxford to enjoy it - that would be silly. As you've pointed out maybe a more constructive review and a less insulting one would suffice, perhaps?

I'm just glad only 24 people will read how egotistical we are.

From me, the little man
Kisses"

So, reaction number 1 it should've been then. Possibly a little humble pie for my dinner tonight too.

It's actually kind of nice to be proved wrong. Gives me a little faith in people for a change.

Eurgh. That last sentence makes me sound like such a hippy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.