Saturday 19 January 2008

Axl's Album Of 2007.

N.B. This post has already been changed since it was originally posted.

Last year I tried to do an albums of the year list on this blog. Due to a number of reasons that are far too boring to go into, this ended up never actually happening. This year I wanted to make sure I did it this time, but am having the same problems. So a list may come later, if I can sort it out. In the mean time though there have been 5 albums which have always been the ones in the top 5 positions. So I've decided to share those with you now, just in case I don't end up doing the list itself.

My favourite album of 2007 was the album "LP" by Holy Fuck.
Don't let the band name fool you, this isn't some sort of confrontational loud noise beast. No, behind the name lies a band who have listened to a lot of Krautrock and decided that the thing that it needed was to be sped up. What you end up with is a band that's half krautrock, half electro-dance, and if that in itself doesn't make you cream instantly with excitment, then what the hell's wrong with you but listen to it anyway, coz basically it's an amazing album.

The other 3 positions would almost certainly be:

2. Radiohead - "In Rainbows"
3. LCD Soundsystem - "Sound Of Silver"
4. Shape Of Broad Minds - "Craft Of The Lost Art"
5.= Olafur Arnalds - "Eulogy For Evolution"
5.= Burial - "Untrue"

After that it gets a bit hazy and very changeable depending on what mood I'm in and how well my memory serves me at the time. Already I've had to change this post because I forgot about Burial. Yes, I'm a loser, but hey, I'm doing better than last year!

No comments: