Wednesday 6 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: 6

Day 6: A song that reminds you of somewhere.
Beth Orton - 'I Wish I Never Saw The Sunshine'
This song reminds me of Grenoble in France. I went there when I was 17 for a trip when I was involved with the Pegasus Theatre's youth group. We devised a piece and went to perform it in Grenoble. We spent about 8 days there. At that time I was pretty much constantly listening to either 'Kind Of Blue' by Miles Davis, or 'Trailer Park' by Beth Orton. This song was the one I kept getting stuck in my head. It was kind of stuck in my head for the whole visit. I simultaneously loved and hated that trip for various reasons, but as an experience it is something that will always stay with me. Every time I hear this song, I remember Grenoble.



(This is the least obnoxious fan video I could find for it on YouTube)

No comments: