Thursday 15 October 2009

Paux Fas.

Today I made a pretty awkward social faux pas.
I saw someone I knew in the street. Not someone who would ever stop and talk, not in the street anyway, but someone who would say "Hi," in passing. They were quite a way up from me, on their bike. 'Okay,' I thought, 'I know how this goes. Wait til they're just about to pass and give a little wave or nod or something, they'll give a similar gesture back and all will be well with the world. I judged when would be a good moment and made my gesture, I chose a wave, and got a nod back, but shock horror! I had completely misjudged the speed at which he was riding! He was going a lot slower than I had thought which lead to more eye contact than was comfortable as I cursed myself for making such a schoolboy error. I had to look away, but then of course when they actually did pass I had to look again and give a second greeting. It was pretty embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I think this might be the worst blog post I've ever written.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

ha. Made me laugh though xx