Wednesday 21 January 2009

Axl's Albums Of 2008

Right. It's a bit late, I know, and it's also a bit of a copout, but here is the list of my favourite albums of 2008. The reason it took so long was that I sorted out my favourite 40 albums of last year and was trying to put them in order. The reason it's a copout is that I have completely failed to do that and have resorted instead to just listing them in alphabetical order. Apart from numbers 1 and 2, because no matter how many times and different ways I did the list, they have always been numbers 1 and 2, whereas it's gotten to the stage where I just cannot choose between the rest of them. There are still a couple of albums I would really like to hear from last year that I haven't, andf innevitably it will turn out that I've forgotten to include at least one or two that I wish I had, but sod it. I'll change it later on if I feel the need to. I feel I can do this, as I bet no-one has even read this far anyway. So without further ado, the list:


1. Fleet Foxes - 'Fleet Foxes'

2. Lindstrøm - 'Where You Go I Go Too'

The Rest:

Argy - 'Focus On Argy'
Autechre - 'Quaristice'
Beans - 'Thorns'
Benga - 'Diary Of An Afro Warrior'
Bon Iver - 'For Emma, Forever Ago'
Boris - 'Smile'
Peter Broderick - 'Float'
Peter Broderick - 'Home'
Cadence Weapon - 'Afterparty Babies'
Daedelus - 'Love To Make Music To'
Deadmau5 - 'Random Album Title'
Disco Drive - 'Things To Do Today'
Elbow - 'The Seldom Seen Kid'
Flight Of The Conchords - 'Flight Of The Conchords'
Flying Lotus - 'Los Angeles'
Foals - 'Antidotes'
Foot Village - 'Friendship Nation'
Friendly Fires - 'Friendly Fires'
Fuck Buttons - 'Street Horrrsing'
Hercules & Love Affair - 'Hercules & Love Affair'
Hot Chip - 'Made In The Dark'
Jóhann Jóhannsson - 'Fordlandia'
Kasai Allstars - 'In The 7th Moon, The Chief Turned Into A Swimming Fish And Ate The Head Of His Enemy By Magic'
Large Professor - 'Main Source'
The Mars Volta - 'The Bedlam In Goliath'
Rod Modell - 'Incense & Black Light'
Mogwai - 'The Hawk Is Howling'
Neon Neon - 'Stainless Style'
Portishead - 'Third'
Max Richter - '24 Postcards In Full Colour'
The Roots - 'Rising Down'
Sasha - 'Invol2ver'
Shed - 'Shedding The Past'
Shit & Shine - 'Cherry'
Sigur Ros - '
Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust'
Sun Kil Moon - 'April'
Youthmovies - 'Good Nature'
Zomby - 'Where Were You In '92'


Right. I'm gonna try and get back to sleep now. I've been pretty ill today. Some kind of head murky hell thing. It's led to some odd sleep on/off weirdness, and I don't get regular sleep at the best of times, so irregular irregular sleep is just the worst. Also I got my results back for last terms modules and I am not happy with them, which is making me feel worse. Basically I'm a big ball of illness and self-pity at the moment. Boo hoo hoo. God I need some medicine and a kicking.

No comments: