Monday 12 April 2010

Blog Post.

This blog has been rather malnourished of late, resorted to feeding off the tidbits of others, and I'm afraid this post will not be any different, as I'm just going to type up a page of a book I was reading on the loo. My poo was pretty unpleasant and this page made it all worthwhile and I laughed very hard. It's from a book called 'Am I Alone In Thinking...? Unpublished Letters To The Daily Telegraph.' and it goes a little something like this:

'DID YOUR MANSERVANT PACK THIS BAG HIMSELF?

SIR - I find it intensely humiliating to be asked by airport security staff if I have packed my own bag. This forces one to admit, usually within earshot of others, that I no longer have a manservant to do the chore for me.
Gentlemen should be able to answer such questions with a disdainful: "Of course not! Do I look like that sort of person?"

Arthur W.J.G Ord-Hume
Guildford, Surrey


SIR - It was with astonishment that I read your correspondent's claim that one doesn't throw bottles at one's servants in what he describes as a "regularly organised society". No doubt his domestic arrangements lack a certain je ne sais quoi, but he may take it from an old hand that a well-trained servant is virtually impossible to hit with a missile, however expertly aimed.
My own butler, for instance, is renowned for his fielding of the empty decanters I occasionally hurl at his head while fuming over my Daily Telegraph.

Glyn Palmer
Whitwell, Nottinghamshire'


I hope you enjoyed page 26 of this book as much as I did. I have a sudden urge to write letters to people.
Instead, I should probably start writing this blog a bit more properly. That would probably be a good idea, no?

No comments: