Friday 12 March 2010

More Axl's Adventures In An Open Mic Night (Chester Arms, Oxford, 08/03/10)

Someone took a video of me doing my poetry thang at the Chester Arms open mic night on Monday, so here it is. Well, most of it. It missed off the first couple of short ones, but just for you, I will type them down anyway.

Lion

Hello Lion,
we meet again.
Can I cuddle your mane?
You can if you like,
but I might take a bite
out of you and then you might complain.

Chicken

Never tweak
a chicken's beak
or she'll speak in tongues
and steal your wallet
right out of your pocket.

And the rest are on this here video doohickey! The first one I'm reading in this clip is called
5 Minutes With The Beatles and the rest are given their titles as I read them.

You'll probably hate it, but whatever. Everyone there seemed to really like it and I'm proud of that.


P.S. I have no idea who that mad cackling woman is. She put me off a couple of times. It was annoying.

P.P.S. MASSIVE thanks to Xander for videoing this.

No comments: